Several young alumni will discuss their experiences owning and operating their own businesses on Tuesday, April 5, at 3:30 p.m. in Salvi Hall.
The event, which is hosted by the Kabara Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies, is open to all students. The alumni will discuss what it takes to start a business and their entrepreneurial spirit.
Zachary Cizek ’11 started Bollito’s, a Chicago food stand business
Photo by Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Zachary Cizek ’11 of Bollito’s, a food stand business based out of Chicago that brings gourmet sandwiches and sauces to street fairs and festivals. Cizek is now branching out and selling his Bollito’s Tuscan Red Sauce in the Midwest.
- Nick ’07 and Marie (Fay) ’05 Kuhn of NorthEnd Pub and Grill, a popular bar and restaurant in Cochrane, Wis.
- Mike McManimon ’07 of Fillmore Financial Corp, a financial advising business based in Burnsville, Minn.
- Tucker Edwards Robeson ’09 of CDL Helpers, a locally formed business that saves companies money by helping them improve the retention rates for their professional driving staff.
- Wes Smithe ’09 of Vaystays, a fast-growing, global vacation home rental marketplace with professionally managed inventory based out of Chicago.